Friday, February 20, 2009

Stephen Hunt: Tabb will make impact in promotion challenge.


Ireland international Stephen Hunt is confident that new signing, and fellow Irishman Jay Tabb will play a key role for Reading between now and the end of the season.

Tabb, a £600,000 Coventry City signing is yet to even make the bench under boss Steve Coppell but Hunt sees the diminutive player as the main threat for his position now that Bobby Convey has left the club to sign for San Jose Earthquakes.

“Bobby has gone and I wish him well but Jay is more of a threat now,” explained Hunt.

“He comes in, puts in his shift in training and has done well.
“He can play left or right wing, central midfield or behind the striker so it’s good competition for me. I know I feel him breathing down my neck. It’s good to have that.

“He’s a very good player. He was Player of the Year at Coventry and at Brentford where I played with him so I know all about him.

“I think he could play a big part in the remaining games if he does get his chance. We’re also looking for a big impact from Jimmy Kebe, me and the two strikers.”


And Hunt also quipped: “I know all about Jay’s golf abilities as well. He’s a very good player with a lovely, picturesque swing so I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket. Whether he’s got the bottle on the greens I’m not too sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment