Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seamus Coleman sticks with the Toffees


Everton defender Seamus Coleman says his new four-year contract is proof he is progressing at Goodison Park.

The Donegal born Ireland u21 international is currently on loan at Blackpool and joined Everton from Sligo in 2008.

"I was playing to get a new contract because it shows that you've done alright, so I'm delighted," Coleman said today.

"When I came here I had a long enough contract but you always want to get another one to show that you've done something to earn it."

The Ireland Under-21 international's loan at Blackpool ends on Monday, the day after their Wembley play-off final against Cardiff.

But Coleman said he would think about going out on loan again.

"I'd be open to it and I'm going to do whatever David Moyes tells me to do," said Coleman. "He's the boss and whatever he thinks is right for me I'll do.

"He hasn't got a bad record with young players so far. So whatever he thinks best, I will agree with."

No comments:

Post a Comment