Monday, May 24, 2010

Liam Lawrence looking for Wolves summer move


Stoke City and Ireland midfielder Liam Lawrence has set his sights on a summer move away from the Potters to join Wolves.

The 28-year-old has dropped down the pecking order at the Britannia Stadium and is keen to move on to try and secure more regular first-team football and secure his future on the international stage.

He told the Sunday Mercury: "He (Mick McCarthy) gave me my chance when he signed me from Mansfield Town for Sunderland.

"He's a great manager and he's done an amazing job this year keeping Wolves up.

"I've spoken to the manager (Tony Pulis) and told him that I think it's best if I move on.

"If I'm not playing regularly the Ireland manager, he's not daft, he's going to know that I'm going to be rusty and he's not going to take a chance on me."

Lawrence has been an integral part of Goivanni Trapattoni’s Ireland squad over the last two years and played an important role in the central midfield position during the last World Cup qualifying campaign.

Lawrence joined Stoke in November 2006 and has gone on to score 24 goals in 125 appearances in all competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment