Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Marc Wilson extends Portsmouth stay


Ireland international Marc Wilson has committed his future to Portsmouth by signing a new three-and-a-half-year deal with the club.

The 22-year-old Co. Antrim born defender came through the ranks at Fratton Park and has established himself in the Pompey first-team this season.

The Premier League strugglers have been beset by financial problems this season, which have forced many players to move on, but Wilson insists he is happy on the South Coast.

"I've always wanted to stay at Pompey," he told the club's official website.

"This is my seventh year here and I really enjoy it.

"The fans are great and I couldn't imagine playing anywhere else."

Wilson spent two spells on loan at Bournemouth before making his first-team breakthrough for Pompey last season and the Irishman has made 22 appearances this term.

"I've really enjoyed playing first-team football this season and learning from some very experienced players," he added.

"There are a lot of good players here and even just training alongside them has helped me improve my game."

No comments:

Post a Comment