Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Duff completes Fulham move


Fulham have completed the signing of Newcastle's Ireland winger Damien Duff for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old made his name at Blackburn, where he played under current Fulham boss Roy Hodgson, before moving to Chelsea for £17m in 2003.

Duff then moved to Newcastle in the summer of 2006 for £5m.

"I am delighted to add a player of his calibre to our squad and welcome the further midfield options he provides us with," Hodgson told Fulham's website.

"I have known Damien for over a decade since he broke into the first team at Blackburn when I was manager, so I'm fully aware of his qualities and I am looking forward to working with him again."

Duff added: "I know that having spoken to the manager in recent days that the club's ambitions remain high and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment