Thursday, March 12, 2009

Zola keen to see Dixon perform


West Ham's young Irish striker Terry Dixon is close to making a full recovery from injury and is pushing for a first-team place.

The Ireland under 21 international striker has had a horrendous string of injuries which looked as though they were going to bring a premature halt to his career after Spurs allowed him to leave White Hart Lane after a string of knee problems.

West Ham took a gamble and after a trial period he was offered a three-year deal last month and now Gianfranco Zola is keen to see what he can do.

"Everybody keeps talking about Terry Dixon but I have not seen him play yet," Zola told the East London Press. "Hopefully soon he will be training with me so I will try to have an idea about him as a footballer.

"They told me he was quite a talent and I'm really curious. This is a good opportunity for him. I think this club has been very good to him and I want to see how he takes the opportunity.

"A big satisfaction would be to see him have some success because he was ruled out from the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment