Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gibson & O'Shea to give Trapattoni the inside scoop of Berbatov


Ireland midfielder Darron Gibson hopes to give manager Giovanni Trapattoni the inside scoop on fellow Manchester United star Dimitar Berbatov, ahead of the World Cup Qualifier against Bulgaria on March 28th.

Gibson and fellow Ireland star John O’Shea come up against their clubmate in the qualifier knowing that three points from the game will go some way to cementing their hopes of a play-off place in Group Eight.

“I am sure John O’Shea and I will give the manager tips on how to handle Berbatov,” he said.

“John will probably be playing centre-half against Bulgaria, so he will have a really good idea of what he is up against.

“He [Berbatov] is a world-class player, everyone knows what he can do and I have seen first-hand just what he is capable of. It is going to be great coming up against him. It is always good to come up against your team-mates, and hopefully we can win.”


Gibson played in the United side that won the Carling Cup on penalties against Tottenham on Sunday, and is delighted that he is now starting to get regular game time for the Premier League champions.

“My chances have come this season, and I have taken them as well, so I am delighted," he continued.

“It was absolutely brilliant to be out there, and although it was nerve-wracking to watch the penalty shoot-out, I thought that we deserved to win.

“I never worried that it was not going to happen for me United because I never really had a proper go at it. If it had not happened to me this season then perhaps I would have been worried.”

No comments:

Post a Comment