Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hunt blasts Reading for blocking his return to the Premier League


Stephen Hunt has accused Reading of lying about the chances of his return to the Premier League.

The Ireland international has a clause in his contract that says he can leave the club for £5million.

Wigan and Spurs are both keen and know Hunt is desperate to taste top-flight football again.

Reading boss Steve Coppell has claimed no bids have been received by anyone but Hunt reckoned this was a smokescreen.

He said: 'I know they have been contacted by clubs. Maybe some people need to go to church on a Sunday for confession.

'A lot of things have been said and a lot of things have been denied. It's quite embarrassing really but you have to get on with it.

'I know exactly what's happening and it amuses me when I see the comments that come out. But I suppose they've got a job to do, though it really is shocking. The noise is frightening but at the end of the day what can you do?'


Reading are on course for a top-flight return themselves and Hunt did not rule out staying.

He said: 'Staying here and winning promotion with Reading is still a possibility, of course it is. Whether clubs can come to an agreement, only time will tell.

'The manager expects me to stay and I'm happy here. But at the same time Premier League football is hard to turn down.'

No comments:

Post a Comment