Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Doyle aiming to be fit for Ireland end of season Internationals


Ireland international striker Kevin Doyle has set his sights on playing for Ireland in their three internationals at the end of the season.

Doyle has basically ruled himself out of the remainder of Wolves' battle for Barclays Premier League survival after suffering a knee ligament injury when Ireland beat Macedonia in Dublin last month. He is however hoping to return for 'The Boys In Green' in late May, even though he admits his club boss Mick McCarthy may not be too happy.

Doyle told Sky Sports: "If I don't play for Wolves again this season, I don't suppose the manager will be too happy to see me get fit and disappear for my country. But I'm going to try to make it."

Ireland face Nigel Worthington's team and Scotland in the Carling Nations Cup on May 24 and 29 respectively and then tackle Macedonia away a few days later in a Euro 2012 qualifier on June 4.