Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Robbie Keane ready for West Ham relegation fight

Robbie Keane is hoping to get his loan spell at West Ham off to a scoring start in Wednesday’s crucial Premier clash with Blackpool and is keen to wear his new number 34 shirt for the first time.

Keane has settled well in his first few days at Upton Park and is confident he can leave his mark on West Ham’s fight for Premiership survival.

“I am really pleased to have signed and now I just can’t wait to start training and playing football, I am ready to help West Ham stay in the Premier league, which is the most important thing for this club.”

“I feel as fit as I have ever done in my life and I feel I have plenty left to offer at the highest level for the next four or five years”

“When I went on loan to Celtic I scored seventeen goals in nineteen games, and if I can do even half as well as I did there, then I’d be happy."

“This is an opportunity for me. The team are bottom and the only thing we can do is push up the table. I want to help us do that and avoid relegation."