Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seamus Coleman can't wait for Everton return


Seamus Coleman can’t wait to return to Everton despite forging a reputation as a rising loan star in the Championship.

The Irish full-back from Killybegs in Donegal has built on his growing potential with a string of superb performances for Blackpool, where he is currently on loan from the Toffees.

Coleman, 21, has already scored for his temporary club and was voted man of the match for Ian Holloway’s side after their victory over Doncaster on Easter Monday.
Now Everton boss David Moyes will mull over a likely request from Holloway to extend the right-back’s loan period until the end of the season.

The original agreement between the clubs was for a month-long deal which is set to end next week.

Coleman is hoping he will be allowed to stay and help the Seasiders’ bid to reach the play-offs.

But he is determined to be back at Goodison for next season, when he believes the Blues are on the brink of a special campaign.

He said: “Everton is the place to be now. It's a pity our run in Europe is over, I played in three games in the Europa League and that was a great experience, but I feel we could really do something at Everton next season. I want to be part of that.

“I had a good chat with David Moyes before I came here, he told me straight that I was doing well and that I was still in his plans but he just wanted me to get some more experience.

“I am getting games and that's the main reason I came here – to get more experience.”

Coleman has been encouraged to attack by Holloway, and scored an impressive solo goal against Scunthorpe on Good Friday.

He said: “David Moyes has managed in the Championship, he knows it's a good standard and a good test for me.

“Everton have been in touch all along since I came here on loan. Alan Stubbs rings me after every gameto see how I got on, and the club are following my progress, so that's good to know.

“But Moyes has told me that my future lies with Everton and that they certainly don't have any plans to sell me.

“I have 18 months left on my contract so I intend to see that out and they want to keep me, they seem happy with how I am doing.”

On whether he will remain at Bloomfield Road, he said: “We’ll obviously have to wait and see what Everton say, but whatever both clubs want I’d be happy with.

“I’d love to stay and help us get promoted, but if I have to go back that’s the way it is, and I just have to do whatever I’m told.”

No comments:

Post a Comment