Thursday, February 16, 2012

Andrews eyeing long-term Baggies future


Ireland international Keith Andrews is already eyeing up a long-term future with West Brom following a dream debut in last week’s mauling of Wolves.

Dublin born Andrews, who started his career with Wolves in 1999, playing in 72 matches over six years, scored West Brom’s fourth goal in the 5-1 rout at Molineux.

Andrews has admitted that he would like to make the move permanent.

'I would certainly be open to a longer deal,' said Andrews.

'I have come here to play for a head coach I want to play for and a club I believe is run well and has a good set of lads that I enjoy coming in and working with every day.

'I enjoy being part of the team, so I am certainly open to it and I'm sure if I keep going the way I am then the club will be as well.

'I was delighted just to get on and make my debut and I was delighted with the result.
'The score, and to win by that margin, was Roy of the Rovers stuff. It was a dream come true.'

31 year old Andrews will be keen to get as much game time as possible for the Baggies over the next few months as he wants to remain firmly within Giovanni Trapattoni’s thoughts for a starting birth in the Irish midfield for the upcoming Euro finals in Poland later this year.