Friday, June 10, 2011

Darron Gibson prepared for Man United exit


Derry born Ireland international Darron Gibson has conceded that the time might be right to leave Man United in search of regular first team football with Sunderland as the ‘Black Cats’ close in on signing the midfielder.

Gibson - whose contract expires next summer - is viewed as a ready-made replacement for Jordan Henderson who looks bound for Liverpool with the Ireland international admitting last night he would “love to play for Steve Bruce” should he find himself surplus to requirements at United.

While it’s understood an agreement has been reached between the two clubs on the Gibson transfer, personal terms have yet to be ironed out with each of the player.

However, the attractive prospect of regular first team football under Bruce looks like being the deciding factor in any move for Gibson and the Derry man suggested that it could be the perfect time for him to part ways with his boyhood club.

“It wouldn’t faze me one bit to leave, all I want is what’s best for me,” declared Gibson. “So if the best thing for me is to leave and go somewhere that I’ll play every week then so be it.

“I haven’t sat down with Sir Alex to talk about it but obviously if it comes to me not playing as much as I would like next season then I’ll have to move on. It has come to the stage were I’m nearly 24 and I’m going to have to go somewhere else if I don’t start playing regularly.

“If it comes down to it I just want to go somewhere where it’s right for me”.

“Obviously playing International and Champions League football is going to be a big help to wherever I go. So if I do leave it will be a big help to which ever team I go to and it will obviously be a big help to me too if I’m playing every week.”