Thursday, September 23, 2010

Robbie Brady aiming to continue Man United reserve run


Ireland under 21 international Robbie Brady is aiming to cast off his injury concerns and consistently display his top form, after catching the eye in his first Man United Reserves start of the season.

The Dublin born former St. Kevin's Boys winger bagged a brace in United's 5-1 Lancashire Senior Cup win at Bury on Monday evening. He remained modest about his goals, however, and is merely looking for a consistent run in the reserve team.

"I had a tough time last season, nearly seven eight months out with injury," Brady told MUTV. "I've been training nearly every day this season, I'm feeling fitter for it and hopefully I can get fitter as the weeks go on.

"The first goal, I didn't hit cleanly but the 'keeper pushed it into the net. The second one just dropped to me. I was looking to open up my body and put it into the corner but the defender was too close so I just toe-poked it in."

"We were comfortable in the first half but we didn't push it in terms of goals. In the second half we upped it a bit more and the goals came one after the other," he said.

"The lads love to play flowing football in training and tonight we've shown we can do it in matches too. Hopefully we'll show more through the season. We're all close mates off the pitch as well so that helps us on the pitch. Sometimes things don't go as well as we'd like, but it was a good team performance tonight."

Brady has been a part of Ireland's international youth set-up for the last four years, progressing throuth the u15,u17 & u19 teams and this month make his u21 debut in the European u21 qualifier against Switzerland at the Cornaredo Stadium, Lugano on 3 September.

No comments:

Post a Comment