Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ireland's Gibson ends Manchester United's Premiership winning season with a win


Derry's Ireland midfielder Darron Gibson was delighted with his match winning performance for Manchester United in their 1-0 victory at Hull City today.

Gibson capped a breakthrough year for the 21-year-old with his glorious strike, which he admitted he would savour as his first in the Premier League.

"It was my first goal in the Premier League so it has to be one of my best," he told MUTV.

Gibson will travel with the United squad to Rome, and after playing a significant role in the club's Carling Cup success, as well as making his first start for the Republic of Ireland back in October, is already reflecting on a memorable season.

"I think this season has been brilliant for me," he added.

"I have played more games than I thought I would have so I have been happy. My aim now for next season is to push for a place and to try and push for a place each week."

He added: "I think the win today shows just what the squad has in terms of strength and depth. It shows anyone in the squad can come in and do a job."

No comments:

Post a Comment